|Mal 1:1-14||Responding to God's Love|
|Mal 2:1-16||The Warning to be Faithful to God and His People|
|Mal 2:17-3:6||The Call to have Hope in God's Righteousness|
|Mal 3:7-12||The Call to return to God's Faithfulness|
|Mal 3:13-4:6||The Promise to God's People|
|Superscription||1:1||An oracle of Yahweh by my messenger|
|First Dispute||1:2-5||Yahweh loves Israel|
|Yahweh||I have loved you|
|People||How have you loved us?|
|Yahweh||By choosing Jacob (Israel) over Esau (Edom)|
|Second Dispute||1:6-2:9||Israel's Father deserves honor|
|Yahweh||Why do you priests despise my name?|
|Priests||How have we despised your name?|
|Yahweh||By offering polluted sacrifices|
|Priests||How have we done that?|
|Yahweh||By offering blemished, lame, or sick animals|
|Third Dispute||2:10-16||Yahweh hates divorce|
|Prophet||Yahweh will not accept your offerings|
|Prophet||Because you have broken your marriage
covenant with the wife of your youth
|Forth Dispute||2:17-3:5||God is just (Part 1)|
|Prophet||You have wearied Yahweh|
|Prophet||By questioning his justice,
thinking that evildoers will prosper.
God will punish the wicked.
|Fifth Dispute||3:6-12||Tithing is evidence of repentance|
|Prophet||Return to Yahweh|
|Prophet||You are robbing God|
|Prophet||By withholding tithes and offerings|
|Sixth Dispute||3:13-4:3||God is just (Part 2)|
|Yahweh||You have spoken against me|
|Yahweh||By saying it is vain to serve God
He will punish the wicked and reward the faithful
|First Epilogue||4:4||Keep the law of Moses|
|Second Epilogue||4:5-6||Elijah will come before the day of Yahweh|
Old Testament Survey
Lasor, Hubbard & Bush
Eerdmans Publishing Co.
2. What are examples where we might not be giving God our best?
3. What are ways in which we may honor God?
4. How should Christians think about marriage to non-Christians?
5. How should Christians think about divorce?
6. How might you allow Christ to be Lord over your
7. Why do good things happen to bad people?
8. Besides money, what other things might you tithe?
9. What benefits can we get by serving the Lord?
10. What relevance does the Law of Moses have for Christians?
11. What is it about the coming of Christ that we can
look forward to?